National Lottery Heritage Funded ‘Steps to Sustainability’ programme delivered by the Social Enterprise Academy, is now open for applications (deadline Monday 21st December 9am)
Are you an ambitious, forward thinking, small to medium sized heritage organisation with an income generating idea? Turn it into reality with Steps to Sustainability, the Social Enterprise Academy’s new National Lottery Heritage Funded project. As well as training in key entrepreneurial and commercial skills, the programme will support you and your organisation in developing your income generation project for which you will be eligible to unlock funding of up to £10,000.
If you are working or volunteering in a heritage organisation, anywhere in Scotland with an income generating project idea, then this programme, which starts in February 2021, may be for you. On this 14 month journey, you will learn to look outwards, build stronger partnerships and become more comfortable with the commercial aspects of running a heritage organisation. Learning with a network of peers and sector experts from across the UK, you will turn a new business idea into reality in a supportive and enabling environment.
What to expect:
- 5 month programme of activities, including additional masterclass, webinars, good practice site visits
- 9 month development period with access to coaching / business mentoring
- Funding of up to £10,000 to help shape the success of the business idea
- Resources and toolkits
- A supported journey of development with the opportunity to mix with other heritage organisations from across the UK
- Participation fee of £50 per person (up to 2 people can attend from each organisation)
- Starting in February 2021, entirely online
The application process is competitive, with a limited number of places. We will select up to 12 applicants across Scotland who can effectively demonstrate how this programme and the funding will support the ongoing success and sustainability of their organisation.